I am more aware everyday how important the house of God is to our lives. Hebrews 10:25 says “Not forsaking the assembling of our-selves together…”. The psalmist said in Psalm 122:1 “I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord.” And again in Psalm 84:4 “Blessed are they that dwell in thy house…”. The privilege and responsibility to gather as the church is all throughout the Word of God. It is God’s plan for us as believers to be faithful to a local church assembly. I have been grieved that for 9 weeks we have not had church services on our campus. Sunday is God’s day!
Therefore, it is with great joy I announce that this coming Sunday, May 24, 2020 we will be back in church. We will have our regular 8:30, 10:00, 11:30a and 6:00p services, along with Sunday School, Children’s Church, and Nursery.
We are taking precautions and making every effort to keep you and your family safe as we return to church.
- There will be a deep cleaning of all facilities prior to Sunday’s services. We are working with PBS of Texas, the same company that cleans and disinfects our state capital in Austin, as well as many other educational facilities, laboratories, and medical facilities. They will utilize a 2 step process to ensure facilities are safe and clean. They begin with a CDC recommended, electrostatic spray of Clorox 360 on all surfaces in the facility. This is a hospital grade disinfectant that is applied in a spray that wraps completely around surfaces that it comes into contact with. It kills harmful pathogens and completely dries within minutes, leaving surfaces safe for contact almost immediately. Once that has been applied, they follow up by applying their RAZOR Antimicrobial Coating System. RAZOR coating is sprayed in a similar manner as Clorox 360, and creates a defensive barrier on all surfaces that kills pathogens that it contacts. RAZOR continues to fight and protect surfaces for up to a month, assuring that surfaces remain clean and safe for all visitors long after it has been applied. This process is designed to pass a medical audit, think “surgical room clean” vs. “hotel room clean”.
- While we are not assigning seats and ARE NOT requiring face coverings, we understand if you choose to and ask that you be respectful of others personal space.
- The staff as well as ushers will be available to assist you should you need anything at all.
- Additionally, if you have any underlying health conditions, are experiencing any symptoms, or are not comfortable with coming back at this time, we ask that you stay home and encourage you to watch the 10:00a WPBC live-stream.
- If you would rather your children sit in church with you during this time, that is completely understandable. All that is asked is, if they begin to cry or disrupt the service that you would take them to the foyer, as is common practice.
I do not take lightly the responsibility of being the Pastor/Shepherd of the Willow Park Baptist Church. I will stand before God and give an account of how I’ve led this church. I’m more than persuaded that now is the time for us to gather back and worship together. Let’s make Sunday morning, Sunday night and Wednesday night a priority and encourage our family and friends to do the same. I love you and praise God for you.
Pastor, Clark Bosher